We have been in business doing website for the past 10 years, and the one thing that I have learned is that in the internet world, and specifically website technology does not sit still.
From how your website is structured to the content and presentation of information on your site, Google and other search engines are constantly modifying how they find your site and how they rank your site.
So how does your site measure up? Don't know, well do not feel bad, it does not happen automatically, and many website builders do a great job producing a website for you, but fail on the follow through of doing the legwork to keep the site up to date.
Here some basic rules to help out.
1. Updating Keep your site up to date, dates and other things can date a site quickly.
2. Review and Checking Take some time out of your day, go through all the pages of your site, you may be surprised in the small things you find and get them fixed.
3. Dead Links No dead links, if you have outside links to other site, check them.
4. Google Analytic's Get Google Analytic's onto your site, even if you do not look at them, when you decide to take action on your site you will have a history to work from.
5. Partner Consider a web company a partner in your business, pick one that is responsive and has the focus to not only build your site, but provides hosting, content and Search Engine Optimization after sales support.
Overall your site is your 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year representation of your business, any spelling errors, out of date information, expired promotions, lack of maintenance or updates will negatively impact both your ranking on search as well as be a negative influence on your customers visiting your site.
These are just a few areas we look at for a site and offer a wide variety of services for both new sites as well as getting older sites either fixed up or redone to best suit your company needs.
In this article I am going to outline the five steps to analyze report and market your website to a growing consumer base that are among the 95% of people will review a website and its products prior to making any purchase.
Need to Know | Research
You first have to understand your traffic; this entails some detai... Read More
Office: 177 Point West Bay